Meeting many other photographers, artists, curators and people in the field at openings and so on evokes a mixture of feelings in me:
- A strong sense of belonging, in that group of people, in that world
- An overwhelming excitement and ambition
- A fervent wish to prove myself
- Quite a lot of shyness, in the worst cases causing me to swallow my opinions or pretend I didn’t recognize that important person over there
- An awareness of being young and inexperienced
- A simultaneous wish for that important person to ask me about my work and to please don’t ask me about my work
I wonder if this will ever change.